One of the most common questions I receive from fellow bloggers is “how many times should I post on my blog?” I usually respond with a simple and honest answer…I don’t know. I have been blogging on and off for over 5 years now and still have no idea what the best blog post frequency […]Read More →
A few days ago I was looking through my Google Analytics reports and clicked on the keyword feature to see what keywords my visitors have been using to find my blog. After looking over the whole list, I noticed 7 keyword phrases that make me really proud of my blog. I never would of guessed […]Read More →
This weeks episode of Digital Nomad Radio is all about bookkeeping and taxes. I agree, it’s the most boring part of having a business. Unfortunately, it’s something we all have to do at some point.
The reason I chose this topic this week is because I spent about 8 hours (at least it felt that long) last night printing and scanning receipts, entering invoices, and catching up on all the books. It took me a lot of researching before I had any idea what I was doing. I have a feeling some of you are in the same boat as I was and are clueless about what to do.
Some of the topics I will cover include:
- Accounts Receivable - How to keep track of all your income.
- Accounts Payable – What you should be keeping track of for business expenses.
- Tax Deductions For Bloggers/Freelancers – I’ll share some of the tax deductions that you might be able to take if you are a blogger or freelancer.
- Invoicing Software - I’ll share a really useful tool I use for invoicing.
That pretty much wraps it up for this weeks episode. Click the continue reading link below (or the post title above) to listen to this weeks show.Read More →
Over the last week, I have had the pleasure of doing a few interviews with bloggers from all over the place. It seems people are really interested in the digital nomad lifestyle. Which is awesome! I love answering questions about how I escaped the cubicle and managed to find a way to make a living […]Read More →
It’s Monday already? Whoa! That means it’s time for another episode of Digital Nomad Radio. This week’s episode is all about beating writer’s block. A fellow blogger sent me an email asking how I managed to come up with new ideas to write about everyday and I thought I would answer her questions and share them with everyone.
Here’s a sneak peek of the 5 tips to beat writer’s block:
- Write Down Your Post Ideas – It’s simple. Right down your post ideas!
- Use Other Blogs As Inspiration – Check out other blogs for some good ideas and topics to cover in your own posts.
- Read Websites Like Yahoo, CNN, Etc. – Use websites like Yahoo as a place to find articles. Then spin them in your own words and add to them.
- Look Back At Your Old Posts For Ideas – You have an archives page right? When’s the last time you took a look at it for some blog post ideas?
- When You’re In A Writing Mood…Keep Going! – So you’re in the zone and writing like a mad man. Don’t stop after one post!
Click the read more button below or the post title above to listen to the episode.Read More →