Becoming a digital nomad took a lot of time, research, and planning to get right. There are so many tools, software packages, and gadgets available that it can be overwhelming to find the best ones.
I often get emails about what software I recommend for various things like invoicing, accounting, and so on. I usually reply as soon as I can and send people responses but lately I have been swamped with projects.
So instead, I have decided to make it easier for everyone. Below, I have listed all of the tools and resources I currently use to manage my work, life, and data on the road. Everything from the software I use to the gadgets I take along on my trips are included in the list.
That way you can see exactly what I use for the various things I do. I’d also love to hear some suggestions from others as I am always looking to add some things to my toolbox.
Note – If I wrote a post about it, the link will point to it so you can read more about it.
Software & Websites
Here is a breakdown of all the software and websites I currently use to make my life easier.
Accounting and Finance:
- Billings: Awesome Invoicing Software For Mac
- Outright: An Online Accounting Solution
- PayPal: Send And Receive Money From Anywhere
- AIM: Free Instant Messaging Software
- Aweber: Great Auto-Responder And Newsletter Service
- Gmail: Web Mail And Chat Application
- Skype: Make Phone Calls Over The Net
- TweetDeck: Versatile Desktop Application For Twitter
- iStumbler: Simple Application To Find WiFi Networks On A Mac
- PDANet: Application To Tether Your iPhone (Jailbreak Required)
Online Data Storage:
- Dropbox: Easy To Use Online Data Storage
- Audacity: Free And Powerful Sound Editing Software
Photo Editing/Graphic Design
- Screenflow: All In One Screen Capture Tool
- Flickr: Pro Account To Manage Photos
- Things: Easy To Use Project Management Software
Gadgets & Supplies
Here are all the gadgets I currently use to get my work done.
- MacBook: My One And Only Computer
- SimpleTech External Drive: 500GB GB Of Storage For Data
- Kodak Zi6: Small But Versatile Digital Video Camera
- Nikon D80: The Digital Camera I Use For All My Photos
- Blue Snowball: Awesome USB Microphone For Podcasting
- Apple iPhone: Phone That Does Music, Web, Email, Etc…
Hopefully this list will help you get everything you need to become a digital nomad. If there is something missing that you think should be on this list, please leave a comment. I would really appreciate it!
PS. I will also update this post whenever I get some new tools and will add a permanent link to it in my navigation bar so it’s easy to find.
Photo Credit: obscure allusion